Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Feeling Guilty

The more I think about calling Big Red "goofy" the more I feel bad about that. I have always had this preconceived notion in my head what the perfect horse looks like and I strive to always find that in the next horse I buy. But I wasnt "looking" for Red, he just came along at the right time and he's the right horse for me, right now! :) I am trying really hard to get over in my head the idea of what my perfect horse looks like because looks don't matter, disposition and experience is what is important. I need a horse I can get on and go anytime that is going to be a rock solid trail horse. A good companion for me, Derek & Edgar. Derek is riding the horse he should be and I need a nice horse to ride along happily down the trail because that is the focus right now, Derek & I just getting out and having fun riding together. We now have 2 horses we can do that with, no matter what breed Big Red is.

And the more I look at his pic, the more I realize I am the goofy one for allowing myself to be concerned with how he looks because it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks anyways, it only matters that I think I am going to love this horse and he's gonna be my big 'ole pal that I will learn to trust 100%. I am now open to accepting that he is not a Quarter Horse and I'm okay with that!

No comments: