Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This one's for Gerri!

So Gerri has a new blog (reminder that Gerri is Red's owner). Anyways, she has started a blog about getting back into horses and her adventures, experiences, joys, freedoms etc.. I really enjoy her writing style, she is a kick in the pants and her posts keep you wanting to read more. I can only hope that mine has maybe the same affect on my few followers.

I just watched the movie Julie & Julia (or is it Julia & Julie) I guess it doesnt matter, but it was a cute movie about blogging and cooking. It was inspiring how a blog turned Julie's life around and opened a new door for her, not that I expect or ever think mine would. But it does make me want to keep this interesting for those that take time out of their day to actually see what we are doing! :) I wish more people I knew would blog, not only does it give me something to do during the day when I am suffering from a lack of workload, but it allows me to be in a small loop on someone else's life. There are PLENTY of blogs out there to read, this is true.. but it's not the same if there is no personal connection with the writer.

I just read Gerri's posting which brought tears to my eyes. I can just feel the love and passion she has for her horse and it makes me realize how grateful I am to have met her. I can feel that she trusts me with Red and that is a really nice feeling. Her words were quite powerful to me and showed me that although she misses her horse, she knows he is in good hands and she sees that I do appreciate this opportunity to lease a great horse.

After only a short couple of weeks, I dont see the big head, long legs, short tail, non-Quarter Horse build of a horse. I see a big handsome bay gelding that is bringing a lot of joy in my life right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well Piper today was a day of realization, blogging and crying LOL.....I'm glad you're enjoying crazy memoirs of an old horse lady....I really enjoy yours as well!
I did reply to your very kind comment....I do want you to know that even though we have a lease agreement (which is just so that you can bring that big guy back if you needed to) I know that you Derek and Edgar not to mention some pups and goats I believe (who I look forward to meeting soon) are Reds new family and a nice family he has!
As I said in my comment it was hard to let go and realize it, but it's important for me to do so I can focus on the young one.
Red has what he needs and you my dear friend have the best horse in the whole wide world and I'm jealous!
May we ride together often even if I have to look up to see you:).....Happy trails!