Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wants vs Needs

We are struggling with what to do now for another dog! :( We had our hearts set on Ellie and it's tough to go from being ready for her, to now having no plan again..

I've been looking on CL for re-homed dogs.. not much out there that we are interested in.. oh there are LOTS of dogs! But we are a little picky on the type of small dogs we like. I started looking into the Toy Australian Shephards.. they are pretty damn cute and I found about 6 breeders across the NW that have pups ready now. The problem? Sure, I really want one of these dogs, I am loving the size, the breed, how cute they are! But do I really Need to spend $600+ on a dog??

hmmm.. just not sure what to do.. we didnt set out to spend more than maybe $200 for a dog, and now since we are considering purebreds, we could be up in the $500 range to get what we want.. Its a tough decision, we want a friend for Russell but do we really want to spend the money to get what we want.. You'll be the first to know through the blog and FB! :)

No comments: