Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat..

Okay, well there are no geese getting fat at our place, just a couple of humans maybe.. lol

We had an appraiser come out this weekend, so in preperation for that, we got some things done that we've been putting off for a while, but it looks great now and I feel so much better, a lot of pressure taken off my shoulders. We still have the one last big project to clear up which is burning all that scrap wood, maybe this weekend we can tackle some of it.

We spent some time with old friends this weekend on Saturday night, that was really nice. It was the 25th wedding anniversary of a couple that Derek grew up with, they were the parents to one of his friends. Derek and I spent a lot of time at their house over the years, especially in the beginning of our relationship. They were at our wedding, Frank & Beth, they are great people. It was Franks 60th Bday too, so we went to their house and saw some old friends from back in the day.

Oh and on Saturday, before the party, I went to feed the animals at mom's and it was the first time really seeing my horse in the daylight in a couple weeks. OMG, he is disgusting!! I am hoping to get there early enough today to take pics, he is just gross... Notice how I say I hope to get there so I can take pics, but not so I can actually clean him up.. lol He must lay down IN the mud! Literally, he is caked in mud on both sides of his body, his mane looks like dreadlocks, it is caked in mud clumps, he has mud in his tail. I seriously have never seen a dirtier horse in person! Someone is going to report me for abuse if I dont get him cleaned up.. lol

I have almost zero xmas shopping done! We did go out on Sunday and buy a tree... Yeah! George & Rachel and Samantha spent the day with us, we drove around the backroads, looking for a tree farm with good trees. 1st stop had good trees, but they were not tall enough, second tree farm we drove in and drove right back out, they were pretty homely trees, 3rd place had GREAT trees and great prices. $6/foot no matter what type of tree, which is unheard of.. everywhere else charges extra for Nobles, not sure why. We decided to buy an 8-9' noble, not the style of tree I am used to but it's nice to do something different every now and then. I know, I know.. we could just do a fake tree and save ourselves a lot of money over the years, but I love real trees. I like the smell and the fun in finding a tree every year, it is a tradition I am not willing to give up. :)

No comments: