Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter Blizzard 2008 - oh Wait, Its Still Fall, so Fall Blizzard 2008

Okay, well it's a blizzard for this side of the state, actually probably most of the state, my co-worker that lives in Spokane, he has 2 feet at his house! WOW.

We have about 8 inches, well as of 9am this morning, maybe more by now, it's been off/on snowing all day so far. Here at work in Monroe, we have probably 10 inches. Here is a picture of my truck parked infront of our building, look how far up the snow is on the tires! Its pretty deep here, I have my slippers on or I'd go out and measure it.. lol
Here are some pics taken at home first thing this morning. The one pic shows the roof of my deck cover and how the snow slides off the end, every once in a while you will hear a big "Thud!" outside and realize it is snow sliding off the vinyl roofing since there is no gutter on yet to help hold it all up there.
The horses are doing well, I have Edgar with 1 blanket on now and then HotRod has 2 blankies on. I am thinking on walking HotRod down to French Creek Stables on Saturday with Dereks help, to give him a bath in their heated wash racks, I am waiting on a call back to be sure it is ok first.

Derek spent 1/2 the day on Tuesday hunting up north. He is not really working much this week, none of his guys can get out to paint, the work vans are not built for snow driving, plus it is a little too cold to really paint outside. Derek has been working as manager again on hourly wage vs working as a painter on commission. This week and next week will be bad weeks with the snow and Christmas. So instead of working on Tuesday, he went hunting with Tyler. The hunting was AWESOME, so he says! :) Here is what they got on Tuesday...
They actually did not think they would get much of anything so they were under-prepared as far as shotgun shells and they RAN OUT!! lol They had snow geese flying over the top of them and they had no ammo to shoot them down. So they got up bright and early Wed morning and drove through the blizzard like weather to go hunting again all day yesterday, shot down some more.

So here I am at work, bored.. I am only here because I want to wait and see if UPS shows up! A customer called in need of some product and I told them I would stick around until 2pm and if UPS doesnt show by then, I'm leaving. :)

Oh and here's a cute pic of Scout from this morning. She's been very funny lately, we've been trying to spoil the dogs and allowing them to sleep in the bed during this cold weather, and every time, Derek wakes up in the middle of the night to Scout sniffing his head all over. She is always laying right in the middle of his pillow, all comfy cozy, meanwhile he notices he is resting his head on the very corner. She will then refuse to go back under the covers and back to sleep, she wants attention and she wants/demands to sleep on the pillows! So it's back to the dog crate for the 2 of them. We try...

No comments: