Monday, March 2, 2009

He's going to College!!!

I'm packin the trailer with hay, gettin some cash outta the bank and sending my young boy off to college tomorrow... :)

I phoned a friend from back in my growing up years, I ran into her last year at Lowe's in Monroe, heck we practically lived there with building the house. Found out she was training horses and working as a shoer/trimmer of horses too.. So back then, I took down her #. Today, I remembered I had her #, so I called her up.

She lives in Snohomish at a place I drive by every day on my way to/from work! She puts a solid 30 days of riding on the horse, she is experienced and I know her which is a great relief. You hear all these horror stories of trainers that get abusive with your horse to get results and I dont have to stress about that. She has arenas, trails, trail obstacles, a track, pastures, round pen, all of the above to train/work him in.

So I'm loading him up on Tuesday to take him over to her place. She'll have him for 30-60 days, I may just let him stay for 60 just to get a little more solid training in him. I am SOO excited that I thought to call her, I really think she is going to do well with Oakley and he'll be exactly what I am looking for when he returns. It does kinda suck to spend any money on training, especially with the economy in such question and Derek's job being a bit unstable, but ya know what, ITS WORTH IT!!!! :) Once he comes back from training, we will have 2 very solid well trained horses we can take most anywhere...

No comments: