Monday, October 5, 2009

Funny Story

Saturday after we dropped off Oakley at my parents house, we visited for a while and then started to drive home.. we had the horse trailer behind us as we need to get it in to Les Schwab for service this week. At the bottom of Spada I noticed a car behind us but didnt pay much attention to it.. I sat there for a few seconds waiting for a car to pass and then started to pull out and take a right. As soon as I started to go, I hear.. "WHOOP WHOOP" which was the sound of a police car siren! DAMMIT!! I didnt use my F*ing blinker, shit I cannot believe I am getting a ticket was my thought..

As the police officer was getting out, I take my seatbelt off and Derek says "Put your seatbelt back on!" So I did... then the officer walks up to the truck and says, "you are not in trouble, I just wanted to let you know a cat just jumped out of your trailer at the bottom of the hill!" WHEW!!! Oh it was JUST a cat, thank goodness.. :)

I asked her, do you recall what color the cat was? See if the cat was all black or orange, then I knew it would be one of the "barn" kitties that dont have names and probably would never come to ya if you called 'em. But she said, it was black... with white on it. Damn Norman! lol So we get out, the officer leaves and we head to the corner to find Normie. We are calling and calling, finally he peeps up and I climb down the ditch/drop off to get the cat, he runs right to me. But as I'm carrying him and get back up to the road, he starts to flail and freak out, I'm desperately trying to grab the nap of his neck but the bastard scratches me and takes off back into the bushes.. so I call mom/dad and tell them to come get their cat! lol I'm sure he could find his way back home, but was trying to do the nice thing. Mom/Dad get there and he finally makes his way back out of the bushes and again as dad is carrying him, he freaks out but this time mom was there to snag him good behind the neck and get his behind in the van before he could escape!

No comments: