Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where's Waldo.... oops, I mean Piper!

I'm here, I'm here! Cant miss me in a crowd, I'm easy to spot.. :)

I turned 36 5 days ago. I think I remember my dads 40th birthday party from growing up, we had a big party at my parents, and I remember thinking Wow, that's a long ways away for me! But here I am! Okay not quite 40 yet, but I feel it approaching already and at the rate that time flies right now, it will be here next year! lol

A friend from HS started a blog that I go to, she calls it "Mama Abby's American Dream" inwhich she talks about and details 10 goals she has set for herself, which I interpet to mean that once she has reached some or all of these goals, she will be "living the American Dream" for herself. Seems like a simple concept/idea that one would think we all think about, but do we really? Of course her blog has my wheels spinning about what my "American Dream" life is. And even if I had an ultimate dream/goal, am I the type of person to get myself there?

I have "wishes" for myself, but I dont really ever set goals.. I dont think of life as a goal, I'm just living it and I don't think about how to get to what I really want out of life because the second my brain tells me something is unreachable, I flip the switch and decide it's not even worth starting. I think I've been this way my entire life.. call it lazy I dont know. I wouldnt say I'm a lazy person, just an out of shape (okay REALLY out of shape) one!

So I'm going to maybe try something different.. maybe I should consider how I can be living the American Dream and set some goals to get there. Might just be one goal to start with because this is new territory. I watch some of these reality shows and see the determination of some people and how hard they work to get what they really want in life, I've never had that drive or determination and I really admire those that go for it. I tend to think about 2 things when it comes to goals, that either they are unreachable for any number of reasons or I am one of those that actually thinks "what if it comes true and I/we make it happen?" Like it's a bad thing! I get in my own way and it's time I stop doing that.

So for the next few weeks or so, I'm going to be thinking about my Dreams and maybe consider how I can get there. First I'm going to set a goal of getting rid of this cough! lol I was sick the entire week of my birthday and this cough is hanging around, so lets get rid of that and get to steppin with some New Goals!!

No comments: