Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Great Weekend!

The horses are home!!! I brought them home Friday after work, it was foggy so it got darker a lot faster than I wanted it to. They didnt seem to think the barn was as cool as I do, I had to convince them they wanted to stay inside the stalls to eat dinner.. lol A new pasture, new barn, they were just feelin frisky and spooky.

I had ordered some new stirrups for Derek and I, we ran some errands on Saturday and then decided we wanted to go for a ride around the neighborhood. We rode down to my friend Molly's place, she had her horse out as well, so the three of us rode for a little while, Derek and I rode over an hour, enough for his knees to start feeling it. It was the first time I had been on since October and first time for Derek in about 15 years! He was very comfortable on... Oh I should mention that his horse came with the name HotRod, but Derek decided for now, he wants to call him "Blackie Smalls". lol So anyways, Derek was feeling really good about riding B.S. (for short).

We set the alarm for 7:30 Sunday morning as we had a lot to get accomplished and we wanted to get in another ride. We woke to about an inch or more of snow, decided we didnt want to haul the horses anywhere, so we just saddled up and rode the neighborhood again, about 45 minutes today. :)

Our first big ride will be on Valentines Day, ahhhhhh. The horse club is having a ride up at the Heart Lake Trails in Anacortes, so we are going to try to ride 2-3 times a week to prepare our horses and ourselves for this ride.

So here are a couple pictures of Derek today:
Oh and we had wanted to work on the garage this weekend and getting it cleared up and organized, well now that Derek has discovered riding, I dont know if we'll ever get any projects done around here... hehehe

No comments: