Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lookie Lou - I Must Do!

I left work an hour early, okay well 1.5 hours early if I'm being honest.. lol My co-worker that lives in Spokane usually heads back to Spokane on Thursday afternoon, but he was stranded with I-5, I-90, Hwy 2, and White Pass all shut down. So I did leave someone at the office to answer phones.. I wanted to get out and check some of the flood damage and there were many others doing the exact same thing!

Snohomish is supposed to crest tonight at 10pm, it's already pretty bad in Snohomish.

Here is the Skykomish River in Monroe

This is the Valley between Snohomish/Monroe along Hwy 2

Some flooding off 88th in Snohomish, close to Pilchuck Vet

Here is Pilchuck Vet, not quite flooded in the building yet

Here are some pics of the Snohomish River in Downtown Snohomish and all the other Lookie Lou's..

Standing on the Bridge looking towards the River Road
Here we have the Lumber Mill just across the Ave D Bridge in Snohomish and the intersection for the River Road. I walked down to the River Road as well and took a couple pics of the water crossing the roadway and then right up next to the road.

Here is a picture overlooking the Soccer Fields on the road heading out to Lords Hill

Pilchuck Park & River here and some of the flooding from it. The people on the other side of the river have all their hopes into bales of straw, that is the only thing keeping that water from gushing in at this point.

I plan to watch the news tonight and hopefully find out just how bad Snohomish is flooded at 10pm. Sounds like they shut down Hwy 9 already, not a good sign!

1 comment:

The Morgan Family said...

You got some great pictures of the flooding. You should send 'em to King5. LOL. When I was a kid, we lived in Duvall. We had a farm on River Rd. One year (I think in '91) it flooded so bad, we had to be rescued from our house. We had a record breaking 6 FEET in our HOUSE! We lost everything we owned, and had to start all over! Flooding SUCK!