Sunday, January 18, 2009

Problem....... Solved!

Grrr.. I woke up this morning with every intention of bringing the animals home today.. Screeeeeeetch, stop the truck/trailer! It is 5:50pm and still no animals. Saturday I spent the day helping my cousin Marc with a workparty at his house so I had only today to work on our place. We woke up this morning to a frosty white ground, something we havent seen in a week or more, as it has been foggy 24/7 for almost a week. We went out to look at the barn and talk about our goals and intentions for the day and what needed accomplishing, and wouldnt you know, it was raining inside that barn! It was close to noon when we were out there and the frost was melting, so the entire underside of the roof and all the metal beams on the underside were soaking wet and dripping A LOT!! So that was the problem of the day.

We made a $175 trip to Home Depot and we now have a roof under the roof.. :) We/Derek, built a wood framed roof to sit under the metal roof in the tack room stall. I dont mind water dripping on the horses, but I cant have water dripping on my tack... After we put up the wood roof, we put plastic over the top of the wood so when water does drip down, it will hit the plastic and slide off out the back side of the stall. I hope that makes sense, my fingers are still frozen from being outside all day. We are going to just put a tarp in the hay room to keep the hay dry.

While Derek built the roof, with my occassional assistance, I spent the afternoon digging up 10 stall mats and moving them on my own! If you are a horse person and have ever tried moving a 4x6 dirty stall mat, you will KNOW what a PITFA that is!!! Whew, and I did 10 of them by myself! 5 of them were buried somewhat in the ground with grass growing over the top of them. As I sit here typing, I can feel my back stiffening up by the minute. I better get up and out of here before I get stuck in this chair...

Oh, so story of the weekend, still no horses home. I feel like Plan A turned into Plan B, but then Plan B needed modification, so we have Revision 1 and 2 on Plan B, then back to Plan A with Revision 1, shit now we are on to plan C but I think up to Revision 5... lololol

No comments: