Friday, January 2, 2009

Portable Barn Project

We did it, we bought the barn! A scary undertaking, spending such a large lump of cash on something always makes me feel weird. But it is a good thing. Today online I found a VERY good deal on the wood we need to finish the barn, we are getting the wood for about 1/5 the cost. We have to drive to Tacoma to get it, but it's worth the drive. Poor guys, I think arms will be sore by the end of the weekend with moving gravel, spreading gravel, unloading barn off flatbed, setting up barn, loading 500 boards onto the flatbed.. I hope our friends and family still like us after the weekend. lol

Picking up the barn was quite the experience! We get down to Enumclaw, very nice people, but she neglected to tell me that the barn was in a pasture full of shin-high water! I was prepared, I had worn my muck boots, but Derek and George had regular work-type boots on and they got soaked... the panels were not under water, but we had to walk about 100 feet or so from where the panels were at to the flatbed, through big puddles of water. It took over 2 hours to load this thing up! We made it safely home, whew! I'll take some before, during and after photos this weekend of the project.

I am getting very excited now that I will have a barn and that I found the wood so it will be a completed barn. It has been SOOOO long since I have looked out my window to see my horses in my pasture! I cant even recall right now when they were at my house last, I'm thinking almost a year and a half.

No comments: