Friday, January 30, 2009

Whats New...

My goats are going on vacation! I have been very stressed about their current living situation, they are confined to a small corral due to collapsed fencing at my parents from the snow and my farm is not goat-proof and will not be anytime soon. I sent out a plea to friends and family about possibly giving them away, I didnt know what else to do. Debbie & Phil (Andrea's parents) offered to take them in for me until I can get my farm back on track. So my goats are catching an afternoon flight on Saturday in the bed of my truck and heading to Barten's Farm in Snohomish to spend some quality time with other goats in a big pasture where they will get lots of attention and be free to run and play again.

The horses are home and I am Lovin' it! :) I so enjoy just going out to my barn and feeding them and spending time with them morning and night to brush or just sit and watch them eat. A true horse lover enjoys those sorts of weird things. We are hoping to get in a couple hour ride tomorrow at the tree farm, weather permitting. Although I did get the feeling from Derek he was riding rain or shine!

Scout.. little stinker! I have been turning the dogs out into the backyard when I go feed so they can run and explore. Well for the past 6 weeks or so, the ground has been pretty hard/frozen still so Scout has not been able to escape..... until yesterday! I'm in the barn doing my thing and I realized she is nowhere to be seen! Derek comes out and we can hear her collar on the other side of the wood fence, of course she doesnt come when we call her when she is "free!" so Derek says, screw it, she'll come home when she's ready! So I go back to the barn, he goes in the house. A few minutes later I hear her collar on the other side of our property at the the neighbors and I see her running all around his place. I called her and she came up to the pasture fencing and looked at me like "Mom I cant get through this wire, come help me". So I take some steps towards her to show her how to go around the wire and she turns and looks at me with this snarky attitude and says "See Ya BIIIIAAAATCH!!" LOL

A few minutes later she is running around in our pasture so I open the gate to the yard and walk through the gate like I'm going to the house and I can hear her behind me at a distance coming my direction. I turned to look at her and she darted off, so I continued to walk towards the house and by the time I got to the slider door on the deck, she was right next to me like "well aren't you gonna let me in, I'm freezing out here!" Oh that dog, how could I punish her.. I cant really because she did come when I turned my back on her and I dont want her to think coming no matter how she does it, is a bad thing.

No comments: