Friday, January 9, 2009

Technology I never wanted, but LOVE that I have!

I was driving today thinking about my blog and that if it weren't for Derek, I might not even be able to do this. Well I could still type things, but I certainly wouldnt be able to post pictures. Way back when.... when digital cameras were just coming out, I was ADAMENT! that I did NOT want one!! What did I need one of those silly gadgets for? I was perfectly happy with my clunker of a camera, although at the time it was an average sized camera, nothing too extravagant. To lift that thing now and look at it, WOW! lol Its a monster, it is huge.. Heck our first digital camera seems LARGE compared to the smaller one we traded for last year.

Derek was persistant on getting a digital camera and am I ever thankful he pushed and finally just got us to buy one... Oh I was stubborn and didnt want to use it, but from the minute I started using it, lets just say we've had the digital now for what... let me look back at my oldest dated digital pic..... Sept 2004! I have never gone back to the clunker and as a matter of fact, when I was packing up that camera before we built the house, I noticed it still has a roll of film still in it, unfinished. I really need to dig that thing out, finish the roll and develop it.. I might be happily suprised at what is on there, at this point, I have NO idea! I must admit too, I have NEVER developed ANY of my digital pics... I AM that commecial where all the pics fight over who is going to get deleted, although I do pull all my pics off my camera and they are all stored (and backed up) on the computer. I've printed them to my own printer, which is not a picture printer, printer! Did you follow me there.. lol I just print them through Word to fill photo frames and create cool things. Oh and for this blog... hehehe

The other thing I was adament we did NOT need was something Derek bought me for Christmas this past year and I just love the thing! It is a Garmin Navigational System... Well what I call it is a vehicle GPS, but Derek kept correcting me, apparently it is not a GPS, that's just what I call it. Basically I punch in an address, and the lady in the dashboard mounted screen tells me where to go! lol She shows me all the local restaurants, parks, shopping etc.. She's awesome! I never wanted one of the darn things, why did we need one.. but again, I just am lovin it, thanks to Derek. Maybe I should stop being so darn stubborn and just realize some gadgets can be very useful.

1 comment:

The Morgan Family said...

Oh! Our hubby's think a like! I got a "GPS" (LOL) for Christmas too! Wasn't even expecting it. I LOVE it as well!