Thursday, February 19, 2009

I never thought the day would come....

when Derek would venture out on his own for a ride! He called yesterday, he didnt have any work, which is a whole other issue :( he wanted to know if I would be upset if he went out on a ride w/o me. Of course I was bummed, here I was sitting in my office looking outside to a beautiful sunny 50 degree day, watching a movie while Derek is out riding the neighborhood and having a nice relaxing time. I never imagined he would get this into it... I thought he might enjoy riding enough that we would go camping together and ride the trails, I just never thought he would like it so much he actually WANTS to ride every chance he can.. amazing how life has changed in one year for us in so many different ways. I think this is our year for change and to refocus back on ourselves.

Back to Derek's work.. yes things have been slow. Not a good thing. He's been actively looking for a new job, but with the amount of unemployed people flooding the market lately, it's been a slow-go. He'd love to get into a new field of work, but has no training or education in anything else and we've relied on his pay, so breaking into a new field and getting paid well to do so, is going to be a challenge! I really want him to work for the US Border Patrol, I think he would love it. I have totally been into this new TV show on Channel 4 called Homeland Security.

No comments: