Sunday, February 15, 2009

No More Escaping!

Poor Poor Scout!! We finally got around to electrifying the bottom of the fenceline in hopes that it would persuade Scout that she does NOT need to leave our yard. :( Poor girl, we turned her out in the yard and stood on the porch watching her, sure enough within less than a minute she had touched the wire.... She yelped and ran with this sad sad look on her face straight from the fence, onto the porch and into the house! And she would NOT come back out... We coaxed her out finally with LOTS of praise and I walked around the yard with her following me to show her the yard was not one big electric bowl. She was happy to go back in the house.

When I went out to feed that evening, I opened the slider and she was eager to go outside, no zaps on the fenceline though, which was good. I really hope 1 time was enough to teach her. I'd LOVE to let her have her way and run free, but I have to protect her and keep her safe and the only way to do that is to be sure she cannot get out of the yard. I think she learned her lesson and she is not showing any fear of going outside.
Derek & I got in a nice ride on Valentines Day!! :) He even held my hand for part of the ride.. ahhhh. We rode at Bridle Trails in Bellevue, nice trail system there. Spent the evening at home, eatin dinner and relaxing watching a pretty dumb movie called "Idiocracy". It has Luke Wilson in it from 2006, pretty lame movie, but cute in some respects I guess.
We were supposed to have a doggy play date today, with John & April's dog Yogi, but they had to cancel at the last minute. We thought it would be fun to let all the Jack Russells run around together, maybe another weekend. George & Rachel did come up though. We suprised Samantha with her very own helmet and saddle so when she is here, she can ride. I put her name on the helmet and got some cute pics of her, she is a camera ham, she may just grow up to be a model, she knows how to pose and does it well. What a doll. She's learning how to brush and properly care for the horse, she had a nice ride on Smalls.
Presidents Day is tomorrow, I have the day off. hmmm sleep in, relax, maybe organize more of the craft room.. or get up to an alarm, go riding.. I guess we'll see in the morning how I feel.

No comments: