Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a GREAT Weekend!

If I had a little more money, life would be pretty darn close to perfect! Okay, reality check... Things are not always great 100% of the time, but if I could have weekends like this every week, things would be pretty darn good.

Friday night we spent the evening with George, Rachel & Samantha at the new hockey arena in Kent, the Seattle Thunderbirds new home.. against Spokane. TBirds won, it was a good game, could have been great, but there was not even 1 fight!!! bummer..

Saturday morning we awoke to the alarm to go to this "huge" tack sale in Snohomish, it was a complete let-down.. :( Oh well. Ran some errands and then headed home, loaded up the boys and headed to Lords Hill for a really nice, warm day (mid-high 50's) ride with 5 other horse club friends. Got home, unloaded, a friend stopped by on a whim to chat for a few, changed clothes and went to mom/dad's for a roast dinner, played some cards, headed back home to watch the free UFC fights (although I did NOT make it, was asleep within 30 minutes!) .

Derek with Blackie Smalls, putting on a new breast collar
Derek & Adam

Here are a couple pics of our group (minus myself) from Saturday's Ride...

Almost done with the ride now... BS's face always itches when he gets sweaty, so Derek found a way to make BS happy! They both really got into it. :)
Sunday morning, slept in for the first time in a long time, fed the horses around 11am (a few hours late!) brushed them out, decided last minute to load 'em up and head down to the Dubuque PUD Station parking area, rode for 2 hours (we did a lot of trail clearing and rode some nice old loggin roads until we had to stop at a section that was full of downed trees). Came home, cleaned the house, got the BBQ heated up and enjoyed having Crystal, Aaron & their new baby Josiah over for dinner and chatting. Watched some TV and here I am.

Crystal, Aaron & Josiah (JoJo)
Like I said, if I had money to live a little more comfortably and I could have great weekends like that all the time, life would be great! :)

Oh did I forget to mention that Saturday morning I checked email and got a message from our lender that our refinance did NOT go through!!!! GRRRRR....... We've been working on this for 4 months now!! I am flat frustrated. These F*ing Banks are just pissin me off, I REALLY hope that the banks figure some shit out soon, so average Americans like myself can help myself to live a little bit more comfortably in today's economy. I got my tax statement last week and wanted to poo myself, our taxes more than doubled with this new house.... This should be an interesting year, and one can only hope we have hit our low and will rise up soon! Sorry, had to vent just a bit.
Oh and here is a pic of Edgar, not to brag, but he is such a Beautiful horse!!!!

No comments: