Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Remind me again why I own 4-legged animals...

If it's not the dog getting out and running around the neighborhood, it's the horse! Someone pulled in the driveway this morning, apparently my horse was out. I dont know if he was out on the road, he had to have been close to the road anyways for someone to see him. By the time I got outside, he was hanging out at the neighbors nextdoor to us. I grabbed the grain, Derek grabbed the rope and we put him back in his pasture. He had busted through the non-electrified hotwire.. grrrr So instead of worrying all day about him, I just took the time to hook up the hotwire this morning before I left for work. When we put in the fencing to bring the horses home, I didnt think I would need to electrify it, I thought I had a "great" horse that would never test his boundary, apparently I am eatin dirt, cuz I was wrong! lol

So I'd like to see him try to get out now! He'll be in for a rude shocking awakening. Now that I have hotwire hooked up, I think I'll run hotwire around the bottom of the yard fencing to keep the small 4-legged mutt in as well, she'll be in for the shock of her life too next time she tries to escape and dig out of my yard!

No comments: