Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back That ____ Up! :)

See Derek and I have this routine with the boat. When we go fishin, he backs the boat into the water, I grab the boat line and wait for him to park the truck/trailer and then he jumps in, after he is settled, I push us off the shore and jump in. When we are finished for the day, he hands me the keys, I get the truck/trailer and back them into the water while he drives the boat up on the trailer and I drive us up out of the water.

I think it's awesome when I show up to back the trailer down the boat ramp, makes me feel pretty good to do so well in front of all these burly manly men! :) Well yesterday we are in line waiting to launch our boat and met a couple guys in front of us and then one behind us, it was a long wait, atleast 30 minutes. So anyways, when it came time to launch the boat, because it was soooo busy and packed in with boats, there was no room on the shore to hold the boat, so Derek wanted me to back the boat in the water with him already in it and when he hit the water, he'd just motor out and wait for me to park and come back to the shore to pick me up.

So the guy in front of me gets his boat launched and I back down the ramp. As I'm backing, my window is down and to the drivers side of me, I hear a guy say "Wow, I've never seen that before" Now my ego is feeling pretty good and I'm thinking to myself, he MUST be talking about me!! lol... Sure enough, I turn my head his direction and he looks at me and says again, "I've never seen a woman launch a boat, this is a first!" So I'm feeling all good and tingly inside, I am a fantastic backer if you didnt already know! lol

Then as I'm down with the trailer in the water, I look to my left and there is a lady looking at me and she says "I am damn proud of you girl!" I was like, woohoo what a great day! So I pull out of the ramp, head up the road, turn around and come back down to park the truck/trailer. Well the guy that was in front of me, he parks on the downhill, but I see a spot real close to the ramp, so I drive past him (he didnt notice) and park closer to the ramp. As I'm walking down to the boat, he runs up behind me and says "Now how did you get ahead of me?" I said "Well I guess I'm just a better driver!!" LOL I was laughing, he kinda chuckles and says, "No lets not say better, maybe just smarter". I didnt argue...

Derek said as I was backing down the ramp to launch the boat, he was in the boat and he said lots of the guys were complimenting my skills/abilities as a woman. It just feels good to impress and get compliments from strangers :) I told Derek I am a 75% package, if I was skinny I'd be a complete total package. hehehe Apparently (according to Derek) he is a 98% package!

It was such a great 3 day weekend, spending a lot of great time with Derek. We spent 2 days in the pouring ass rain and had a great time doing it, just enjoying our hobby and eachother. We ride in the rain and sun, we fish in the rain and sun, we camp in the rain and sun...

It reminds me that no matter the weather, just get out and enjoy life!!!!

No comments: