Monday, September 14, 2009

Updates

I made some progress on the house painting!!! :) It looks really good against the white, I'm very happy with the color.. This side of the house was a bitch to paint, mostly because this side of the house is the dog crap yard! So I was out there in shorts, steppin in dogshit left and right, climbing ladders, moving ladders, not able to avoid landmines, then I'd climb the ladder and get crap on the ladder step, then I'd turn around on the step to paint the house, my calf would push against the shit! I was NEVER SO HAPPY to be finished with this section and get in the house to shower! Normally I can get in/out of the shower in about 6-7 minutes, I spent 20 that day in there... I still have 2 sides to paint, but for now the publicly visible sides are done. :)

*** Graphic Image Alert *** Graphic Image Alert ***

Well Echo is still alive! He is doing really well as far as I can tell. His leg is still pretty nasty, the skin flappy is starting to shrivel up and is exposing the huge hole that is left behind, we got some pics of it. The white that you see in the pics in the middle of the wound, yeah that's his bone! I need to talk with Andrea tonight and find out what to do from here, his spirits are good, but I dont know at what point I could/should turn him back out to pasture. I'm worried about him getting dirt in that hole, at what point will he produce new skin to cover the bone? He started putting a tiny bit of weight on it finally...






So we thought after Friday's great catch, we would be done fishin for the year, so we took our boat to Harry on Saturday, who is going to build a custom duck blind on the boat for Derek. Saturday night we decide to fish on Sunday, we got up at 5am!!! yeah that is damn early. :) We thought if we got to the river at 6am, we'd beat out the majority of fishermen and find good spots to fish.. Oh NO. We were too late at 6:10am! So we drove out to the tressle and decided to fish off the dike, there was only one vehicle there, amazing! We didnt have to fight for a spot, but we did have to walk our asses a long ways to get where we needed to fish carting along fishing poles, coolers, cushion to sit on, fishnet, tacklebox... And it was an 80+ degree day.

So we are fishin, the 3 of us (Tyler was along too). There were 3 mexicans there when we got to the river, they appeared to have pretty good spots on the rocks, so we went way down river to avoid crowding in on them. We had somewhat crappy spots in this mucky slick area, but it worked. We start catching fish... Next thing we see, this mexican is at our spot staring at us, didnt say a word. We all were thinking "Ok, whats this guy doing?" So Tyler and Derek had walked down into the slimy area and there is lots of beach for this guy to go on, but when he realizes he will slip and sink in the slime and ruin his shoes, he decides not to walk down there. Tyler is to the right 10 feet from me in the slime, I am on a grassy patch and then Derek is about 10 feet to the left of me in the slime. We had a good thing going. So I cast out straight ahead and this guy has the nerve to stand in a grass patch 5 feet to my left with Derek only another 5 feet over from that and he casts out! Well this guy doesnt know how to cast and his line goes at a 45 degree angle towards Tyler, he is completely OVER my line! I'm just sitting there feeling very awkward. Tyler looks at the guy and says "There's a whole f*cking river to fish dude" or something like that. I reel in real quick to avoid this guy messing up my line. I'm thinking, okay he clearly sees he is overcrowding our already tight situation and he'll leave. So I hold my pole/line out of the water as he reels in. After he reeled in, he cast out AGAIN! same crooked throw almost crossing Tyler's line at this point. So I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs, Tyler looks at me and says "Can you fish?" So I say, Uh No! I wanted to whip the guy with my pole, it was just plain rude and disrespectful what he was doing. Tyler just starred at him until he finally left, apparently Derek was a few seconds from throwing the guy in the river. Not to mention, he was using illegal hooks on his line! He and his buddies saw us catching fish and apparently even though fish were jumping ALL over that river section, they must have thought you had to be in our spot to catch 'em. He left but he came back many times and stood behind us with his friend or by himself, you could see that he wanted to fish right there on top of us but it seemed like maybe he was trying to weigh out his chances on getting his ASS kicked! It was just interesting.

We left that spot a while later when the fishin died off and found another spot off the river road in Snohomish.. Only came home with 6 fish between the 3 of us, we let a lot of fish go while in the slough, the fishin was so good there early on so we just kept the ones that appeared fresher.

No comments: